Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2012

18 with Joe...

I got up and showered then dressed this morning. I ran out the door to get over to Joe's house so we could leave to play golf. I got over there and we did a few things around the house, like letting Duke out to use the bathroom. And then loaded our clubs up and headed down 35 E. It was overcast and a little brisk at 50 this morning. And for much of the morning the cloud cover stayed. We got out to one of the most beautiful courses I've ever played. It felt like we were in Ireland the way the course was set up and all the luscious grass. We hit em pretty good on the front nine, and snagged a gatorade and candy bar for the back. The back was very enjoyable. The sun popped through the clouds and it warmed up into the 60's. Just prime golf weather. I had a birdie on the back 9! Being out there with Joe was just amazing. We had a great time together cutting up and enjoying each others company! I'm really going to miss him. It has been just a godily thing between us. We finished up and headed on home. I got home and ate some chicken. Then got dressed to workout. I dropped Brooks off at House of Hope meeting, and then headed to Anytime. I got a solid hour workout in and then headed home to shower for dinner. I headed up to this Mediterranean restaurant called Shish. I met Brooks, Adam, John, Genni, and Mary up there all people from my aftercare. And we had a great time visiting for hour and a half. I'm sitting here now writing this, and it's hard to believe that all I have is one more day up here in St. Paul. This experience is one that has had such an everlasting impact on me and my hardwiring in such a positive way that it blows my mind. I have some errands to run tomorrow! So until tomorrow...
-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment