I woke up and got going today. I had to go pick Brooks up from a hotel he has been staying at, because he had a slip up, and relapsed... It was a unique situation and he handled the right way after the fact. He was honest and everything. So I went and picked him up, and we drove out to the Retreat. It was sureal being back out there. And definitely under the condition I was. It was even more weird that I was leaving someone that was at the Retreat with me back in November there and walking away like I did. It just re-enforced everything that I am doing. And it was really good to see all the people that work there. I left the Retreat, and headed back to St. Paul. I ran home and grabbed a change of clothes. And then went up to the gym to get a quick 40 minutes of lifting in before I met Geordie at Sholom to volunteer for the the circus event they had going on today. I got there and it was just starting. They had a magician, and clowns etc... For the last little act they did. One of the clowns picked me to come up in front of everyone. It was funny, and I enjoyed it too! I took Lilly back to her room. She is an elder black woman is from Mississippi. It was nice visiting with her. I left Sholom, and went by walgreens and GNC. Then came home to start some laundry, and then went up to Anytime for my second workout. I spent over an hour at the gym, and then had to leave to get a quick shower in order to get over to Joe's house for dinner. He ordered a pizza for us, and we watched the Heat game. It was a good day and a good night. Tomorrow I am going to help Adam a counselour from the Retreat move to his new house. Atleast I'm going to help him for an hour or two. And of course get a good two workout's in tomorrow. My roommate Tony is on a two week vacation with his family.. Yes! Room all to myself... So until tomorrow...
-Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment