Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A warmer day, but under the weather...

I woke up today feeling under the weather. So I decided to visit urgent care, although it was a trip within itself b/c I'm still new to the area; as well as taking the bus. Which I must say is a very humbling experience. I checked the weather on my phone to see how cold it was; it was a warm 32 degrees! I can honostely say that I never thought 32 degrees would feel warm to me, but after a week of the temperature being in the 15-20 degree range... 32 was actually pretty nice. To my surprise both of the urgent care locations I made it to didn't take walk-in's until after 6 pm. I didn't get pissed off about it though, just took a few deep breathes and got back on the bus. Btw this was about a 4 hour or deal (just to keep you clued in on the time). Got back home and cleaned Tony (roommate) and my bathroom. Then decided to go get some dinner! So I walked up West 7th Street and ate at this place that serves great gyro's, and it was very good. I would have to say even better than Purple Onion. Then my buddy James who I met at The Retreat aftercare program came and picked me up to head there. A speaker came tonight his name was Joe. 45 year old man; he told us his story. I was able to relate to what he said in very good ways. He is a very worldly man and a practicing attorney. I asked him to be my sponsor and he said yes. This is my second sponsor now, as well as my second sponsor that is a lawyer... Not to sure what the repeating pattern means, but just seem to connect well with these two guys. That is all I have for tonight so until tomorrow...
-Mike
Oh yeah wanted to post some pics from the past week or so from being up here, so here they are!

Target Field
(where the Twins play)

Target Center
(where the Timberwolves play)

Me at Heat vs Timberwolves game


 
LEBRON JAMES!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I know the bus system must be challenging. If it makes you feel any better, the temps were below freezing down here a little this week ;0). I'm glad you connected with another sponsor. Keep on keeping on! Proud of your hard work & love you lots! Stay warm & feel better!

    KG

    ReplyDelete