Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 7, 2012

First trip to Lakeville...

Sorry for not blogging yesterday; I got too tired and decided to just go to bed. I woke up early today at 7:45. My good friend Jason C who was at The Retreat with me came and picked me up at 8! He is 38 and has a wonderful wife named Quincy, and three adorable kids, Luke, Greta, and Owen. They live in a suburb outside of Minneapolis called Lakeville. Anyway we met the rest of his family at Cracker Barrel. We had breakfast and then headed back to his house. I played mario kart with his kids and made a fire outside. They live on a few acres and have a good amount of land. The creek that ran beside their house was completely frozen. I could not even see one drop of water. We went by where he works, and I got to see what a normal day to him is like. While I was there Billy and Frazer called me; two of my best buddies back home. They put me on speaker phone; they were headed to Atlanta to go see the Hawks play the Bulls. They told me how much they missed me and how proud they were of me, and how they thought of me as much more of a man than they could ever be by doing what I'm doing. It really made me feel good. I got home and just took it easy for the rest of the day. Watched the Bengals vs Texans NFL playoff game. Me and a few of my housemates went and caught a meeting at 7 after that. We talked about the 7th step which is to humbly ask God to remove all our shortcomings. I talked about how important this step was to me, and how I practiced it every night during my prayers. It was a really good meeting. Got back home and have been watching the Lions vs Saints game ever since. I really miss ash, and cant wait to grab her and give her a hug and kiss. I love yall. Until tomorrow...
-Mike
And here is a pic from today with Jason's kids!

1 comment: